A brief history

Our Church building is Georgian, built in 1740 as the Independent Meeting House. It was later the Congregational Church which became the United Reformed Church when the Presbyterians joined with the Congregationalists in 1972. In 1974 the Methodists in Bradford on Avon also started to worship here when The Methodist Church at Coppice Hill fell into disrepair. A shared building agreement was entered into 1976 and in 1981 the church became formally known as the United Church (Methodist and URC).

The building has been extended and refurbished over the years. The most recent alteration of the interior was undertaken in 2007.

Useful Links

United Church
Bradford on Avon

St Margarets Street
Bradford on Avon
Wiltshire England
BA15 1DD

Interim Moderator – Revd Tom MacMeekin

Minister – Revd Simon Edwards: 01225 759170

Church Co-ordinator – Dee Foot: 01225 783023

Pastoral Officers:
Kath Ridewood
Marion Harford